Monday, August 9, 2010

new kid in town

don't get me wrong, Ive been the new kid a number of times. I moved around a lot growing up. I went to 6 schools between preK and my senior year of HS. I lived in 5 different places while I was going to all those schools. Then I went to 3 different colleges. so you'd think I could write a book about being the new kid and how to meet people and make friends. but the truth is I'm terrible at it. I get very self conscious around new people, I get it into my head that they are just thinking "shes so weird". I'm sure its partially due to my depression, which I need to work on (making a Dr apt soon).

I don't want to be Debbi Downer, my depression is something Ive been living and dealing with most of my life. I have learned to accept it and I am learning how many different parts of my life it affects, and many of the ways it affects isn't good. I am hoping that this move and new chapter in my life will help me with it and figure out the rest of my life. 

I would love some advice ladies (and gentlemen). Have you ever been the new girl/guy in town? What did you do? How did you meet friends? I am not currently in school (and it looks like I wont be this fall) and I'm currently looking for a job. I need a way to meet people outside of school and work. I don't have a lot of money to spend, so joining a gym isn't an option at the moment. I love volunteering so I am planning on looking into joining a volunteer organization.

any tips or advice would be wonderful!

1 comments:

Southern Sweetie: said...

I love the pink kitchen supplies, too cute! I found you through Follow Friday and I am your newest follower!

Popular Posts

She is sweet, yet strong
She sips her wine, yet gulps her beer
She's polite, yet saucy
She's refined, yet wild
She wears bows... fishing
She's a Southern Belle