Sunday, August 15, 2010

love

OK, so I know I shouldn't blog twice in one day, but I'm gonna break the rules and do it anyway. So I just read this blog (well I watching the trailor and plan to read the rest later), and I realised I have a major issue.

Ive been dating JAB for a while. We met over last Christmas break, so about mid December. We just casually dated / we're friends for a while, until we went to NYC in late February, where he asked me to be his girlfriend (yes it was super Korney but very romantic).

So we've been together about 8 months, but not officially boyfriend / girlfriend for only 6 months. Keep in mind we've been dating long distance for those 6 months.

So after watching the trailer, I realized I don't know if I am in love with JAB. This is the first time it has ever taken me this long. Its not that I don't think I'm falling in love with him, I am, but I'm worried its taking too long. Is that possible? Can it take too long to fall in love with someone? I have always fallen in love quickly, which I know isn't necessarily a good thing. But its just a bit weird for me, knowing I moved here to be closer when I'm not in love with him yet.

But on the other hand it feels good to know that I didn't rush anything. I have fallen in love with a lot of people very quickly and I have gotten hurt very very badly. So perhaps I'm keeping myself from my true feelings as a way to protect myself.

your thoughts?

2 comments:

kBw said...

I don't think there is a "right" or "wrong" amount of time it takes for someone to fall in love. If you like spending time with him, think your falling in love with him, and he is a good guy then I think you're doing pretty good :) Don't try to rush yourself into a feeling you may not be ready to have.

I hope you have a lovely week! xo

DSS said...

I think that sometimes when we fall in love more slowly, we fall in love more deeply. Not always true, but I've found that to be how it works for me.

Take your time my friend. Dating a friend is the best give ever :)

Popular Posts

She is sweet, yet strong
She sips her wine, yet gulps her beer
She's polite, yet saucy
She's refined, yet wild
She wears bows... fishing
She's a Southern Belle