Monday, August 23, 2010

Anniversery

so Wednesday is JAB and my 6th month anniversary! I'm pretty excited about this. I haven't been able to keep a relationship for longer then 7 months for almost 3 years so I feel like this next month is crunch time. I need to step up my girlfriend game to prove that we should stay together. Of course, JAB's birthday is about 2 weeks away and is opening day of the SEC football season. I am in a bit of a pickle. Now that I live close I feel like I should be planning a party (he'll be 25) but he HATES planning ahead, which is very hard for me because I am a planner. So I sent his best friend an email via facebook and asked his advice.

I was thinking of doing a put put party, like a golf themed thing. Idk if he would think that's super lame. But I want to show him how much he means to me and how much I care for him.

So back to our anniversary. I know hes not planning anything special because that's not his thing, he doesn't plan and he doesn't really do romantic. He thinks that 5 min of kissing/cuddling on the couch is "max out romantic". On one hand I want to do something really nice, make his favorite meal, put candles all over my place and get something sexy to wear. Or if I should just let it pass like any other day. I doubt he even knows its Wednesday, which sucks, but like I said hes not a planner. 

so heres my thing - what do I do? do I go big for both? do nothing for either (Ill get him a bday gift of course) or just go big for one? I really cant afford to send a lot of money on either, and he knows that, but Im thinking of getting some UGA fabric and making some art for his room as an aniversery gift.

Just talked to one of my guy friends and he said hold off for the anniversary and see what he does... what do y'all think?

3 comments:

mrs.mfc said...

I'm thinking do something for his birthday but not for the anniversary. If he doesn't realize the day or doesn't do anything, you don't want to make him feel bad about it. If you did want to do something, maybe just plan something like the candles/sexy outfit/etc.. but not a gift. Then for his birthday do something bigger! If you didn't want to do a party you could always gather his friends at his favorite bar or restaurant and surprise him! That seems like a lot of fun but doesn't come along with the pressure of having a big party, you know? Whatever you decide to do- have fun celebrating both!!

*dani said...

I agree. Don't worry about the anniversary. If you want to acknowledge it, just say "happy 6th months" and maybe some lingerie. Otherwise, for a birthday, I think you're allowed to do more. Any ideas above are good ones! Good luck!

Ruth said...

I say let the anniversary just pass.
For his birthday just get some friends together at a bar. It will be a lot less stressful.

Popular Posts

She is sweet, yet strong
She sips her wine, yet gulps her beer
She's polite, yet saucy
She's refined, yet wild
She wears bows... fishing
She's a Southern Belle