Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mint Filled Brownie Cupcakes

Mint & chocolate & brownies may be my top 3 favorite foods, so when I found this recipe here  I had to try them for myself. Right now they're in the oven, and they smell divine! 
Thanks Katie and her mom for the recipe!
Mint Filled Brownie Cupcakes


Ingredients:
8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup (1 stick unsalted butter), cut in to pieces, room temperature
1 cup sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
3 large eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa, sifted
12 small chocolate covered peppermint patties, such as mini York Peppermint Patties
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard tin with paper liners. Place chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally just until melted, 4 to 5 minutes.

Remove bowl from heat. Whisk in sugar and and salt until mixture is smooth; whisk in eggs to combine. Gently whisk in flour and cocoa just until smooth (do not over mix).

Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of batter in to each lined cup. Place one peppermint patty on top, gently pressing in to batter. Top with 2 tablespoons of batter, covering patty completely. Bake, rotating tin about half way, until a cake tester or toothpick inserted halfway in centers (above mint patty) comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, about 25 minutes. Transfer tin to a wire rack to cool completely before removing cupcakes. Cupcakes can be stored up to 3 days at room temperature in an air tight container.

** make sure you get MINI mint chocolate candies, I made mine and 10/12 of them have the mint part oozing out so they're not quite as pretty as the picture. I shall edit this post when I have a bite and taste them**

** very disappointing in these brownies :( they are very dry and almost too chocolaty. I feel like an extra egg or maybe some milk, or something. If you try and make them, please report back**

3 comments:

Julie Leah said...

Oh my word! Those look delicious!!

Katie said...

I'm sorry your cupcakes didn't turn out as delicious as I made them out to be. I haven't had issues with mine being dry (I have made them several times) maybe try not baking them as long? I don't like dry cake, who does?, and I hate hard cookies, so I have learned to not bake dessert recipes for nearly as long as the directions say. I hope you have better luck next time!

Katie said...

P.S.-If chocolate and mint are your favorite combinations-check out this recipe for mint brownies (the regular way) you will not be disappointed!!!!!!

http://southernstyleandliving.blogspot.com/2010/05/mint-brownies.html

Popular Posts

She is sweet, yet strong
She sips her wine, yet gulps her beer
She's polite, yet saucy
She's refined, yet wild
She wears bows... fishing
She's a Southern Belle