Well this is blog post # 200!
Isnt that exciting? I think so. Bad news is my laptop has a bad virus :( so I am without a computer in my little hole, er room, at my parents house. Good news, I live at home so I can borrow their ancient machine in the basement (where I am now).
Y'all would be proud of me today. I looked cute at work :) I wore my purple coach flats, black tights, a nice black dress and pearls, tres Breakfast at Tiffanys.
So I spent the last moments of 2010... not kissing a cute boy or chugging champagne, but in bed :( Ive been very sick but Im getting better!
So this year instead of doing the new years resolutions thing, because we all know those go out the door come feb 3rd, I decided to reflect on the past year. I am in the process of composing my "what I did in 2010" letter to go in my holiday cards, which I still havnt sent out! I know, crazy, but the holiday season isnt over till March 17 in my book so I still have time :D
I did want to share with y'all somethings I have learned in 2010
1. Life is not a race. Just because everyone else is getting married and having babies, doesnt mean I should be. Im right where God wants me to be.
2. Friend, even those who've been around for 10 years, arnt always true friends. Hard lesson to learn, but if they dont value the friendship, why should I?
3. Some of the best friends you will ever have come in the form of 140 characters. This is a shout out to all my Twitter ladies! I love y'all so much and one day I plan to meet each and every one of you :)
4. Getting your heart broken sucks. I already knew this, but I seem to learn this again and again.
5. Listen to your parents! They are way smarter then you think! This goes out to all my young, head strong readers, trust me, when your 22 and in college, mom and dad arent cool, but just take a chance and listen to them - they know what they're talking about!
6. Never underestimate the power of a handwritten note. Thanks to all of you who have written me over the last year. When I was at my saddest point in life, my only bright light in my day was getting mail in my real mail box. I promise I have stationary now and Im working on getting an address book. I will start writing you all again soon! If you would like to be pen pals, please send me an email at atlyankeebelle at gmail dot com
7. Dont go blond. Embrace your dark hair! Trust me, in 20 years when my kids look at my college graduation photos their gonna wonder what I was thinking.
8. Delete your dating profiles! Try focusing on yourself for a change and dont worry about meeting boys. They all smell anyways.
9. Ask for phone numbers. Girls numbers that is. Be brave, try and make a friend. It could be the best thing you'll ever do.
10. Take photos! Invest in a good, but small digital camera and keep it charged and in your purse! You make memories every day and you shouldnt miss them because you didnt have a camera.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Well this is blog post # 200!
Posted by AtlYankeeBelle at 5:28 PM
This is a test post to see if I can schedule posts
so you have been warned by the title, this is a venting post and this post is dedicated to JAB because right now I want to cry and stab hi...
heres a quick update on my life: ryan & I broke up I'm living day by day I'm getting into counseling and seeing a dr about...
I am so excited right now y'all. After 4 month of blogging, I am hosting my very 1st GIVEAWAY! How exciting is that? I just hosted a H...
I'm sure you've all seen this movie, Good Luck Chuck, or at least you've heard about it. Well, today, thanks to face book I...
So today is labor day and I have done a lot of labor. I spent 2 hours this morning cleaning and organizing JABs bedroom as one of his bir...
Y'all I am so sorry I have been to absent here lately. October was one crazy month! Last weekend my best friend became a MRS and so I&...
I cant believe it's almost 8pm! I am so tired and of course got nada done today after work. Oh well, theres always tomorrow. I promise t...
So I posted about this swap a few weeks ago, and I had some interest but then my email started freaking out & most of the emails got los...
Well today was interesting. Last night my feet and ankles were super puffy, so I spent the evening with my feet up. Not much better today :(...